- Self-driven business analyst who is well versed in developing detailed user stories required for development and QA testing.
- Analyze available inputs and develop a deep understanding of the application’s objectives and processes to be able to provide clarifications to the team during development.
- Use MS Office tools, UML, and flow-charting techniques to create necessary documentation for the requirements.
- Communicate with clarity and fluency with all members of the team, to minimize miscommunications and misunderstanding of the requirements.
- Partner well with other Business Analysts and QA Engineers to ensure that developed specifications and complete, clear, and unambiguous.
- Fully leverage and enforce use of Jira software to manage sprints, with tickets that are well defined and accurate in information needed to perform design and development.
- Must provide clear acceptance criteria to enable development of test scenarios and test cases.
- If needed, roll up sleeves when needed to perform QA testing as well.
- Formulate, organize, and monitor inter-connected projects under the program for efficiency and throughput, with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Agile-Scrum methodology using proven techniques to drive quality and throughput.
- Provide inputs on status reports to Functional Lead and Program Manager on progress and timelines.
- Should have strong experience in Insurance domain.
- 5 to 7 years IT experience with at least 4+ years of experience as the IT Business Analyst on development projects especially on Insurance Domain (USA Region) which is MUST TO HAVE.
- Good Experience in working on P&C Line of Businesses (Personal Auto, Personal Home, Commercial Auto, Business Owners, General Liability, Life).
- Good Understanding of various applications used in P&C insurance industry including Policy administration system, agent management system or peripheral application including web portals.
- Good understanding of Coverages & Business Rules around P&C Line of Business.
- Strong customer service skills with excellent relationship management skills with the ability to interact positively and successfully with all level of associates and managers to meet business needs.
- Good understanding of technology system interfaces and data integration & networks.
- Knowledge of Business Process Modeling using decision tables and data flows, etc.
- Work experience in programming and also knowledge Mobile Applications & in database is a Plus.
- Expertise in User Story Development using Jira.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills demonstrated by an ability to work well virtually with US-based customers, onsite teams, and offshore teams based in Hyderabad.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong customer service and support focus with a desire to deliver a high-quality service.
- Self-starter, comfortable in early-stage start-up environment.
- Engineering graduate or MCA/MBA with relevant major subjects like Computer Science, Electronics, Management, etc.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experienced in Agile-Scrum methodology.
- Highly proficient in using MS Office products and Jira Software.
- UML Modeling, MS Office, Flowcharting.
Soft Skills Required:
- Fluency in English to interact effectively with US-based clients is a must.
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills.
- Consultative approach during internal and external discussions.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Ability to impress customers and prospects with functional knowledge and understanding of their business.
- Ability to work effectively with offshore teams – have necessary patience and understanding of cultural differences.